Saturday, May 21, 2011

MAC - Week 3 - Publish/Leadership

"Death by PowerPoint"
http://www.toonpool.com/cartoons/Death%20by%20Powerpoint%20presentation_40892

I hope none of us die from PowerPoint/Keynote overload...I just thought that cartoon was cute. I made the decision last week to do a presentation for the Publish/Leadership project. This week I began building slides and adding the text to the speaker's notes. I have a few ideas of where I would like to submit my project too, but no concrete conferences yet. I will be presenting this summer for my district superintendent, professional development department and technology department but I know this doesn't count...but it will be the area that actually will be making changes based on my research (which is pretty cool). I am presenting Tuesday night in class so I hope to have 90% of the project done and have confirmed where I will be submitting. That is the goal and I feel a reasonable goal. I am very glad we got to start this project in month 11 and didn't have to wait until month 12...it's difficult to smash a years work into a little keynote!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your statement about how hard it is to fit a years worth of work into a little keynote presentation. I initially thought that I'd present as well. Now that the process has begun, I'm thinking that publishing may be easier.

    ReplyDelete